Thursday, June 10, 2010

Apacalyptic Anxiety

This angsty teen has gone through so much work driven anxiety you could almost say it's apocalyptic:

"Let me tell you everything I have to do right now! All my grades are going down! I failed the past two Spanish tests! And I lost my Spanish book and the school is making me pay $100! I really have to study for finals next week! My parents won't let me go on vacation with them this summer because my dad got me a job at the postal store to pay for the book. The postal store! The postal store! What if they make me wear a visor?!? That is not happening. I'm grounded the first three weeks of summer! I have a history project due and a really stressful English Project! And on top of all that, the apocalypse is coming!!!"

Apocalyptica's story/life is a leading example not unlike any normal teenager going through an anxiety-driven life. In this case, it seems as though current society is expecting a lot from her and the only way her mind can deal with it is through anxiety. The anxiety is keeping her from getting her work done properly because all she's worrying about is how she's going to get it done. It also causes fatigue and leg twitching, which could be dangerous for a teen who falls victim to this that enjoys the art of staying still for the longest time possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment